Tuesday 1 October 2013

Oh Man...Go!

Ok, so the mango cupcakes were received at work with the same animal instinct that they were at home. So I ate one. Sweet Jesus. I could have inhaled the entire dozen of them. Seriously. 

So naturally, I decided to make more mango! But rather than cupcakes, I decided to try out a bundt cake. Or at least that's what I think it's called. It has a hole in the middle, that's all I know. Anyhow, I had a ton of leftover frosting (Which I ALWAYS do.) so I heated it in a sauce pan and made a glaze of it. 

I have strict baking principles, or something like that. Frosting is for cupcakes, birthday cakes and cinnamon rolls. Glazes are for bundt cakes and scones. Period. And cookies just need to be left the hell alone. They shouldn't need frosting, glaze or anything else if they're done properly. 

Anyhow, here is how the bundt cake turned out! 

Cooling off, waiting to be glazed...

And the final product! So I probably heated it too quickly, or poured it too soon because it started to separate. But that's ok. It still tastes amazing. 


I'm not sure what I'll make tomorrow. Maybe a vegan pumpkin pinwheel that the kiddo's been begging to make. 

Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment