Thursday 17 October 2013

Vegan "Caramel" Apples...

Ok, so tonight I had zero motivation to cook anything. Like, nada. Zip. Zilch.

So the best thing to do? Make something that takes less than 30 minutes, is one dish or less and is not a pain in the ass.

That's why I chose to make the caramel apples. The caramel is actually a mix of:

- Dates (1/4 cup)
- Coconut Oil (2 tbsp)
- Cinnamon (a splash)
- Raw Agave (a squirt)
- Water

Throw it in a blender and voila. Dippable, pourable, crack. 

The recipe calls to roll it in crushed nuts but seeing as these are for a friend whose daughter can't eat nuts (and I have apparently run out of crushed toffee like I promised! Gah) I used chocolate sprinkles. Which may or may not be vegan. I didn't look because I'm not eating them. Ha! 

It also calls for drizzled chocolate on top, but you can skip back to the beginning for that. I'm tired and I didn't want to. :)

They will look better once they've hardened, and I will definitely try again with nuts and drizzled chocolate- but for tonight, this lazy Thursday- here you go! 


Cheers all ya'll! 

No comments:

Post a Comment