Monday 7 October 2013

Sweet Tooth in a Hurry

As you've probably gathered by now, the kiddo wants to help me in the kitchen. Like, really, REALLY badly. Desperately.

I am terrible at sharing my kitchen. Really REALLY terrible. Horrible. 

It is this conundrum that leads me to bake things that are 5 ingredients or less and take less than 20 minutes start to finish. That way we both win. She gets to help mommy, and mommy doesn't need to drink her weight in wine to make the left eye twitch go away. 

That lead us to tonight's mother-daughter dessert. Samoas Babies. (I didn't make the name, trust me.) 

To be honest, at the beginning I didn't really care whether or not they turned out. I just wanted to get it over with. But then I tasted one. BIG MISTAKE. These things are like crack. Trouble!!

Basically, add dates, chocolate chips, coconut, a pinch of salt and vanilla into a food processor and blend. Then roll into balls and enjoy. 

But why stop there? I somehow got the idea to make a coconut chocolate to add on top. Best idea ever!

In a double boiler I melted some coconut oil and added in some semi-sweet chocolate chips. Then instead of making balls of the cookies, I made them flat with a divot in the middle. Poured on the chocolate and BAM. Diabeetus! 

Side bar: Diabetes, when said with a strange "Southern" accent becomes Diabeetus and is so much fun to say! Just ask Cheryl. :)

Anyhow, chocolate coconut crack cookies look like this:

Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. Umm yum!!! Looks super good Granny. :-) It sounds like one of my fav Larabars, but with awesome coco-chocolate added to it. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete