Wednesday 16 October 2013

Touché Fall, Touché...

What I wanted for dinner was a BBQ veggie burger and (cauliflower) "buffalo wings". What I REALLY wanted was a taste of Summer back! I think Fall had a point to prove because this was a #fail!! 

Veggie burgers aren't my fave- but they're a damn good vessel for all kinds of delicious stuff; jalapeño hummus, spinach, zucchini relish, honey mustard, tomato, pickles. YUM! 

I would have taken a picture of it, but I ate it before that could happen. I'm not sorry. I'll do it again.

I used the recipe for cauliflower "buffalo wings" off of the PETA website. I'm willing to give other variations a shot but honestly, this one was BLECK! 

I think I've found my first "Never Again" recipe. 

First of all, the batter. It was crunchy outside  but wet and spongy inside. And then when I added the hot sauce it just got wet and spongy on the outside. The overall flavour of the dish was good but the texture was like...I don't even know what to compare it to. Maybe a wet dish sponge. 

They did look tasty though...

Oh well. I guess you can't win them all. 

I'm onto some Conkies now! Wish me luck!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment