Sunday 24 November 2013

Potato Leek Soup

Potato & Leek soup is one of my faves!

Ingredients:
3 large bunches of leeks
10-12 small/med potatoes
4 cups broth (I used vegetarian chicken broth)
2 cups hot water
1 tbsp ground thyme 
2 tbsp parsley 
1 tbsp oil
Salt/Pepper to taste

Wash and slice the leeks. Add them to a saucepan with the oil and simmer covered on low for about 10 minutes. Stir and don't let them brown. 

In the mean time wash and cube about 10 small potatoes. When the leeks are cooked, add in the broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Stir in the thyme and parsley and let simmer. 

If you want the soup to be chunky, remove half and purée it in a blender and then stir it back in. I like it smooth so I used my immersion blender to purée the whole thing.  If it is too thick for your liking you can add hot water to thin it out. 



When serving, for a little flavour kick green Tabasco sauce stirred in is delicious! Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment