Sunday 17 November 2013

Home Fries & Hash!

I love brunch. Like, I really REALLY love brunch. It is my favourite meal hands down. So you will appreciate my heartache and dismay when upon waking this morning my stomach was hungry and my cupboards bare. The word 'devastation' comes to mind. 

Somehow on an empty stomach I remembered the random smattering of food available and concocted a plan. Chick peas, 4 potatoes, 1 carrot, a handful of kale. 

First I washed and cut the potatoes into one inch cubes and parboiled them. (No more than 5 minutes.) Then after draining them I tossed them in a bit of olive oil and a ton of a super tasty mix of spices and baked at 425 for about 35 minutes.



In the mean time, I rinsed and drained the chick peas and used a pastry cutter to smash the hell out of them in a large bowl. I added some chili powder, hot sauce and tamari and continued smashing. Once sufficiently pulverized, I poured it into a frying pan that was pre-heated with oil. I then shredded in some carrot curls, added some caramelized onions and cooked on high for 5 minutes or so. Near the end, I added some chopped kale and done! 


DELICIOUS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment