Sunday 1 December 2013

French Toast!

For the last few weeks I've been making hash browns and chick pea hash for breakfast. Partly because I had a ton of potatoes and chick peas to use and partly because it's delicious! This morning I wanted something simple. We had company last night and I had left over baguettes to use. They go stale pretty quickly so I figured I'd make French toast. 



Ingredients:
2-3 ripe bananas
2/3 cup non-dairy milk (I use almond)
1.5 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp vanilla
Earth Balance, or other vegan butter sub.
Bread of your choice 

Blend all ingredients, pour into a bowl and set aside. Pre-heat a frying pan to medium high heat and melt Earth Balance. Dip both sides of the bread into the mix and place in pan. 



When brown, flip and done! 


I like my French toast sweet and salty so I also sprinkled mine with sea salt before flipping. Because I made a large batch I set the oven to low broil and lined a cookie sheet with parchment paper. 

This made the toast nice and crisp! Serve with fruit and syrup (I used agave drizzled) and inhale!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment