Friday 6 December 2013

I said this sh*t is bananas!

Ok, so maybe that's not really an appropriate title but I've been listening to Sirius XM 90's on 9 and I've heard more Gwen Stefani now in 2013 than I ever did in the 90's. 

Moving along, since I presume you want to know exactly what IS bananas. Well friends, let me tell you. VEGAN ICE CREAM CAKE. Oh god. So good. 

And as you've probably figured out by now, I love no bake dishes and it doesn't get much more no bake than ice cream cake. 

Ingredients:
-6 frozen bananas
-3 tablespoons almonds
-6 teaspoons of cacao powder
-3 tablespoons of hazelnut agave nectar
-8 Oreo cookies 

Start by crushing the Oreos in the food processor and set aside. Then mix all remaining ingredients in the processor. In a spring form pan, pour half of the "batter". Then cover the surface with the Oreo crumbs. Pour the remaining "batter" and put in the freezer to freeze overnight. 

To get the cake out of the pan it took a little bit of SMRT smarts. I put the pan open side down on the platter that I wanted the cake on. Then I slid it under low broil in the oven with the door open. After a minute or two it slid right down and onto the plate. I garnished the top with banana chips and voila! DONE! 







No comments:

Post a Comment