Monday 10 March 2014

Cinnamon Raisin Waffles!

I got a waffle iron for Christmas. Mostly because I wanted to make shredded hash brown waffles. (With habanero and onions! YUM!) But then the obvious struck me- why not make actual waffles? 

I got the original recipe from the artofdessert blog, but tweaked it a bit to suit what I had and craved. 

3 cups flour
2 Tbs baking powder 
1 Tbs sugar 
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups almond milk
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 handful of sultana raisins

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, preheat the waffle iron. Spoon 1/2 a cup or so at a time into the iron. Badda bing, badda boom. Waffles!

I 'buttered' mine with Earth Balance and added real maple syrup. DIVINE!


2 comments:

  1. I was JUST asking Chandra about this today! Yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I made these this morning - delicious! About halfway through the batch, we added some chopped walnuts to the batter - even better!

    ReplyDelete