Saturday 25 January 2014

Beer Bread!

This recipe combines two of my favourite things; beer and bread!

There is nothing like fresh baked bread. Dipped in a nice thick soup or chili, toasted with butter or just on its own. I was always under the impression that unless I wanted to have a big bulky bread maker sitting on my counter- this was nothing more than a pipe dream. Well friends, the dream has become a reality! 

Beer bread!

3 cups of flour
3 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup of sugar
12 oz of beer
1/4 cup melted butter (optional)

Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. You can sift if you have one, or I simply use a whisk to mix thoroughly. Then pour in beer and stir. If you'd like you can pour the melted butter over the top for a buttery crust- I prefer it crusty and "dry". Put mix into a greased loaf pan and bake at 375 for one hour or until golden brown.

I made mini loaves and divided the batter and baked for 40 minutes. 



Voila! DELICIOUS FRESH BREAD!

UPDATE:

I made this a little different; in muffin tins with 2 tbsp of garlic powder and 2 tbsp of jalapeƱo flakes. AMAZING!



No comments:

Post a Comment