Sunday 18 January 2015

Coconut Nog Cookies!

Ok, you would think I miss the holidays or something baking these in the middle of January. Truth be told, I just have SO MUCH nog left over from the holidays that I don't know what to do with it all. If that isn't a first world problem, I don't know what is! 

Without further adieu...

2 cups flour 
2 tsp baking soda 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg 
3/4 cup sugar 
1 tsp vanilla 
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup coconut nog + 1 tsp 

You know the drill. Mix the dry, add the wet and portion onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. I needed to add a tsp or so extra of coconut nog because the mix was too dry.  I have a small cookie scoop that I use. These will spread a little but not much. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes and then let cool. 

These are delicious on their own or you can glaze them! I made two different glazes.

Spiced Rum Glaze:

1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp spiced rum
1.5 tsp coconut nog 

Mix until thick, but wet. Then dollop a 1/4 tsp on top and it will run down slowly. If it's too thin it will just make your cookies soggy. 

To make it un-boozy you simply omit the rum and increase the coconut nog. 

Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top and enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment